Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mixed Review



I just read this book

and I'm not sure how I feel about it. They do have some good ideas, but they are pretty extreme. I have read a lot of research regarding healthy eating. I agree completely with the idea of reading all ingredients and knowing what you are putting into your body. I don't agree, however, that eating animal products equals eating poison. I feel that organic meats and dairy have their place in a balanced diet.

I recommend this book for a new perspective on food and your body, but as with everything take it with a grain of salt (even if it's not Celtic sea salt) and make your own choices :)

2 comments:

  1. I also read that book and I thought the same way. Some good ideas, but very extreme! If you followed the book you'd be a skinny bitch because you can't eat anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl!!!!!! This book changed my life. I lost 25lbs and I owe it to the skinny bitches. Yes, some of the views are extreme, but it was definitely a wake up call for me. I'm disgusted with the loose regulations that the FDA has on the foods we consume! ; )

    ReplyDelete