Thursday, January 27, 2011

and that's when the shit hit the fan

It didn't actually hit the fan but it did hit pretty much everything else. I spent 3o minutes this morning cleaning up baby poop! I did not plan out how to get it cleaned up very well before I started so I ended up with a huge mess. Jackson pooped out of his diaper all over his back and his onesie. Obviously I needed to take off his clothes to begin clean up so as I took off the onesie I got poop all over his little back and the blanket that was on his changing table. Now I needed a way to wipe him off, so I thought I would just put him in his little tub but how to get a poop covered baby from the changing table to the tub was the next problem. So I wrapped up the poopy baby and clothes in the blanket and came downstairs to the tub. At this point he was still wearing the diaper because I had forgotten to take it off upstairs. I got the diaper off and in the garbage and put the baby in the tub. I finally managed to get him turned cleaned off in the tub and then re-dressed him but then I had poopy clothes, blanket, and baby tub to clean. Jax didn't want to sit by himself in his swing so I strapped him in the baby carrier and began the cleaning process with a baby hanging on my chest. I guess all's well that ends well and the outfit came clean but it was quite the adventure this morning!


This is the cute little outfit, just before the poop explosion

No comments:

Post a Comment