Friday, September 18, 2009

Mrs. Boddie goes to Washington

I am very excited to announce that next weekend I am going to Washington DC. I have never been there and I can't wait! I am going to the National Mall to see some of my favorite children's authors. Mo Willems and David Shannon are 2 that I am really excited about. There are some grown up authors there too, but since I have spent most of my adult life reading children's book out loud I don't know many of the adult authors. My carry-on bag is probably going to weigh 100 pounds once I put in all the books I want to get signed.
I am going with Melissa. Melissa and I went to high school together, and aside from sharing the dance floor at my ten year reunion, we haven't seen each other since. We have connected through blogs and our mutual love of baking and all things cupcake. She has already staked out the coolest cupcake bar for us to visit. It's going to be a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment