Saturday, September 24, 2011

2 Weeks (mostly) Meat Free

We have been living the meat free life for 2 weeks now. The first week I did eat two lunch meat sandwiches because I did not want to waste the $7 I spent on organic lunch meat! Other than that all of our weekday meals were meat free. We went to a football game on Saturday and I had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, but I think that was the only meat we ate that weekend. Here are our meals for the past two weeks:

Dinners:
Cheese Ravioli with vegetables
"lasagna" made with polenta, ToFurky Italian sausage, marinara sauce, zucchini, red peppers, and cheese
Cheese tortellini with spinach and fake chicken
Jason's Deli Veggie Muffelata
Veggie Fajitas at a restaurant
TVP stoganoff
Stir fry with rice
Stuffed portabella mushrooms

Lunches:
baked potato with vegetarian chilli and cheese
leftovers from dinner
veggie burger with cheese
Keith takes a peanut butter and jelly every day

Breakfast:
oatmeal with flax, cinnamon, and blueberries
egg and cheese biscuit (why does there have to be a McDonald's across the street from work)
Luna bar

It's been going well so far. I like to cook and it has been pretty easy to substitute out the meat in our dinners. We didn't really eat that much to begin with so it hasn't been a hard change. All of my recipes have turned out fine using soy milk. We are still using regular cheese because I just like it better than the substitutes.

We had Chic Fil A chicken biscuits today but we're sticking to meatless lunch and dinner. I'm going to try out veggie sausage for biscuits and gravy tomorrow. Can you tell we eat Fatty McFatterton breakfasts on the weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment